The purpose of this policy is to explain to you how we control, process, handle and protect your personal information while browsing or using this website, including your rights under current laws and regulations. If you do not agree to the following policy you may wish to cease viewing/using this website.
Policy key definitions
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the organisation, Northumbria Police and Crime Commissioner
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office
- Cookies mean small files stored on a user’s computer or device
Processing of your personal data
We do not process any personal data.
We are exempt from registration in the ICO Data Protection Register because:
We do not process any personal data
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights here: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object and;
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO [www.ico.org.uk] if you feel there is a problem with the way someone is handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
This website uses Google Analytics to monitor website performance. Google Analytics is a service that transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify individual users, does not collect personal data or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage.
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.